Get the flock out! Forget the danger of little Timmy eating lead “icicles,” this stuff allowed many immigrants to light their Christmas trees in the traditional way — with tallow candles — and without burning their houses down.
I assume that this flocking product was intended to be mixed with water and poured or painted over the boughs of den Weihnachtsbaum. Perfectly safe, as long as the faux snow wasn’t friable, and you kept little Timmy from gnawing the needles.
Ahhh. Those were the days, before they invented lead poisoning, asbestosis, DDT toxicity, alar scares, political correctness and AGW pseudo science.